Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Thanks for your reply! I have no clue when it comes to assembly language, so I don't know how difficult some of my suggestions are to implement. I mean they are just suggestions, so if they feel like too much work for too little reward, don't bother with it. And if it works, great Smile

Quote:This seems likely an issue with Windows Security behavior rather than PlugUlmo's loader or anything the mod might cause.
Yea, this makes sense. I'll check into it and see if I can find my save files in some temporary folder. Thanks!

Quote:This is a symptom of changes Marsh made to the item table in his mod.
In fact, the Armor of Gloom morphed into a Demon Plate already in Hellfire 1.01, without Marsh's mod. I thought it had to do with the way unique items of the same qlvl are stored. I guess I was pointing it out mostly for completeness' sake, as a bug in Hellfire. With Gillian's Stash I can keep it from morphing anyway.

Quote:This is possible, very recently the Hellfire mod "The Hell" achieved this.
Cool, I will have to check this out!

Quote:Editing compiled code to compare for the same item id would be difficult enough, but I wouldn't even know where to begin to make it test against the many identical copies of the item that exist at different ids.
Yea, I understand. I just remembered from Jarulf's guide [p.42] that this was something Blizzard had intended for singleplayer, but messed up in its implementation. That's why I suggested it, oblivious of how difficult it is to correct in assembly language. The fix might not be super relevant anymore anyway, since the qlvls are spread out more evenly since HF: fixed and all uniques are more findable.

And the post wouldn't be complete without a bug Wink When leaving a level with stone-cursed monsters, some of them will remain stone-cursed forever. Especially practical for Sorcerers dealing with the Warlord of Blood.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Slyrk - 01-19-2015, 07:44 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM