Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Glad to hear you sorted the monitor out. I have had friends with a similar issue not being able to set the scaling behavior in their ATI settings program while running at the native resolution, but until now I thought that was an issue limited to the ATI software. Thanks for posting the solution here in case anyone else stumbles across it.

One more question that might be relevant - is your monitor connected to your PC by a VGA, HDMI or DVI cable, and is that the same way your old one was hooked up? I haven't seen this issue manifest with my NVIDIA drivers yet and I'm wondering if it only pops up when using certain video interface(s). It seems peculiar it would surface just because of a different monitor model alone, so I wanted to eliminate this possibility.

(09-14-2014, 08:14 PM)Thenryb Wrote: Anyway, I fired up the version I had 102.A3 and started a rogue. There was a Needler in Gillian's stash which a tried briefly. It shot no faster than a regular short bow so I guess that version still has the old Hellfire mechanic of "swiftness=arrows flying faster". These old naked eyes cannot tell the difference.

That's right, I wasn't able to implement Diablo style bow speed until A4, so you should find the only bow unaffected by this change is the Gnat Sting, which after some consideration I felt would be far too powerful if it had Swiftness - at least for the Rogue, where 1 frame makes a significant difference.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

-------
I recently discovered another overflow bug I missed. Cursed affixes that modify both To Hit and Damage (like Warrior's or Kings affixes) can rollover from a small negative penalty to an insanely high Chance To Hit bonus. I'll aim to fix that in the next version, which will be a relatively small update to fix a couple more Hellfire bugs.

EDIT: Turns out the bug isn't with that certain type of affix. It seems when I fixed the durability issue with items in MP, I unfixed the rollover bug with cursed To Hit items exchanged between players. This bug should still be fixed in all SP games. Hopefully A5 will mark the end of this cheesy bug once and for all!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 09-16-2014, 08:36 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM