Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(05-05-2014, 07:36 AM)mayhem666 Wrote: Hi, I played your Hellfire fix and i enjoyed it really well.
Thanks! Always nice to hear someone else enjoying the result of hours of work.

(05-05-2014, 07:36 AM)mayhem666 Wrote: I have a question thought, does the patch can only be played by loading the game with ''loader.exe'' ?

Because Hellfire.exe only load 1.02 vanilla for me, not .A3
That is correct; without the use of loader.exe, you're purely running Marsh's Mod (v1.02).

Because I did not want to hard-code my changes into Hellfire, the use of another program is required to apply changes to Hellfire -- in this case, PlugUlmo's loader.exe is used to patch Hellfire in memory each time it is run, which means the change (my patch, if you like) is only temporary. That's why you see plain v1.02 again when you run Hellfire itself afterwards.

The memory approach also has the benefit of isolating the changes in a seperate file, which lets users disable anything they may not like. But the downside is that loader.exe must be run to start Hellfire every time. I think the minor inconvenience is worth the flexibility. Smile

Check back soon, I intend to upload v1.02.A4 before this weekend arrives.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Belix - 05-05-2014, 08:25 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM