Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(04-12-2014, 10:54 AM)Malek Wrote: Veil of Steel morphs on new game, turning into Mana Potion of Butcher's Cleaver.
This appears to be a random issue. I have yet to witness it myself with my SP chars. One of them has a Veil of Steel and a new game causes no morph. You can work around this issue by depositing 'bad' items at Gillian's stash. Items in the stash will not morph between games, so you can pull it out again after you start a new game. This won't fix the underlying problem though, as the item should still morph if it is in your inventory when you start a new game again later.

I might be interested in your save, but I suspect the morphing is just a symptom of a problem that likely occurred when your Veil was originally created.

I have some theories about what might cause this bug, but when I looked at some of the code that appears to write stats to an item from the item table, it was too complex for me to grasp yet. If I fully understood it, I might be able to fix this and even make Oils have a permanent effect between games. Perhaps some day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Belix - 04-12-2014, 07:30 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM