Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Thank you for the clarification, Nystul! And thank you for the correction about spell blocking. My memory insists that I read this somewhere a long time ago as a behavior in D1 that was patched out, but since I can't find this change listed in D1 patch notes now, it must of been an incorrect statement I read way back.

(04-10-2014, 03:59 AM)Malek Wrote: A random encounter with the fire/lightning arrow multi-hit bug (ouch, instakill from a trap, didn't even knew what hit me) made me wonder is there a possibility of fixing that particular issue or is that sort of thing beyond what you can do.
I really don't know until I try. I'm still relatively new to reading and modifying ASM (Assembly Language), sometimes even finding the code or memory addresses related to certain game behaviors seems beyond my abilities, and sometimes changing them more so. Then again, sometimes it only takes me a few minutes to do either.

The fire arrow traps can be a nasty (even fatal) surprise for a low level character, but changing the code responsible for the heap of damage would render Elemental Bows much less useful for Rogues (who are already robbed of Attack Speed bows in HF). I believe some players consider the elemental arrow damage a feature instead of a bug, so I'm not sure I should 'fix' it. Smile However, an easier and more practical adjustment to address your specific issue might be to move Fire Arrow traps lower so they can't appear as early as the Catacombs.

I regret that I've been unable to make sense of the Rejuvenation Bonus Bug for the Monk and Bard, but on a more positive note, I am happy to report that I believe I've fixed the Block Bonus bug that you mentioned earlier. Apparently in Hellfire v1.01, the Block Bonus is always 0, even in a new character's first game! In v1.02.A4 the Block Bonus should work properly for all characters, new and old.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Belix - 04-10-2014, 09:06 PM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM