Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(04-09-2014, 03:52 AM)Malek Wrote: Hmmm, if you have a toggle for Black Death zombies not dealing 1 perma-damage anymore I'd like that. It might sound weird but not having to dread facing those yellow zeds feels wrong somehow Big Grin
Heh, that doesn't sound weird at all! I had a similar thought and want to give Black Deaths some other ability (since irreversibly damaging your Life isn't very nice). The code you need to revert to the old behavior should be:

Code:
start HF1.02Marsh "Reversion: Black Deaths steal 1 max life per hit"
43E3BA F0 03
end

Would you (and anyone else reading this with interest) like to offer some opinions on potential new special abilities for Black Deaths? I have a few ideas for alternate abilities they could have which don't inflict irreparable damage, but are still rather nasty. List your impression of them from best to worst (that way if I can't implement the most popular choice, I can fallback on the second one).

Vitality Drain: Reduces your Vitality, essentially the same result as the original effect, but repairable; Vitality can later be restored with Level Up points, Shrines, and Vitality Elixirs.
Mana Burn: Black Death's touch empties your Current Mana reserve. Won't matter to characters not using spells.
Life Reduction: Your current health will be reduced 35% (along with the normal attack damage), so at full health (with or without Mana Shield) you can survive at most 2 consecutive hits from a Black Death before dying, no matter how tough you are.

I like Vitality Drain most solely because it is truest to the original Diablo experience, but some players might understandably feel that it creates too much of an inconvenience, and it might be the trickiest option for me to implement. My second choice would be Mana Burn. Sorcerers are awesomely powerful and I think a little humility once in awhile serves them well. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A3 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by Belix - 04-09-2014, 07:10 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM