Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Hey, I just wanted to stop in and thank you for doing this and pour one out for Marsh.

I've been playing Diablo III and it kinda makes me just want to play Diablo. I had really wanted to play with my girlfriend, but wasn't sure I wanted to mess around with the stuff I'd need to configure to play Hellfire multiplayer. So, it occurred to me that there might be some beautiful modder out there somewhere that was thinking of me.

I have been messing around with 'The Hell' mod but it seems to be a bit too difficult for someone that's completely unfamiliar with the franchise.

It's really great that someone came along to tweak things a bit so we can have something to muckabout with together.

Really, thank you. ^_^

EDIT: So, in trying to get this installed I'm encountering an issue where it asks me to insert the Diablo CD (it's in there?), the error message I get is a problem with reading diabdat.mpq. 'The Hell' mod copies this from the CD somewhere, could this be a conflict between the two or do I need to put Diabdat.mpq somewhere so this mod can find it?

Okay, so I figured that out by reading the PlugUlmo readme (creative problem solving!) It seems to run just fine now, although I'm running into the 'Rainbow Colors' problem?

...maybe I need to be doing something with the compatibility mode...

Will edit soon!

Alright, I've changed the compatability mode of both Hellfire.exe and Loader.exe to XP SP3, 256 Colors and 640x480 Resolution but I'm still getting rainbow. x_x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A2 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod [A2 released!] - by TheHentaiChrist - 02-18-2014, 02:26 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM