Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
v1.02.A2 has been released! To download it, or review the list of all current changes in effect, please see the first/original post in this thread. Here in this post you're reading now, I will only post a list of what has changed between A1 and A2 for the 21 people who were already using A1.

Important note: Anyone using the Rune Bomb Fix.zip file I uploaded should delete it. Do not apply the Rune Bomb Fix to A2, or it will actually downgrade you back to A1! Thank you.

NEW IN V1.02.A2
===============
Changes related to Marsh's 1.02 and my 1.02.A2:
- Cain: Disabling his speeches no longer interferes with Single Player at all (Lester will now issue Rune Bombs; my mistake)
- Biclops: Now uses appropriate Cleaver swing sound, as intended (this was an omission in V1.02.A1; my mistake)
- Warlord of Blood: Quest now disabled by default in Multiplayer* (Marsh enabled this, but I felt it negatively impacted game randomity)
*You can very easily re-enable it by erasing the 'Disable Warlord of Blood' section near the top of the file.

New features:
- Blood Fountain: Restores 10% of your total Life per click (instead of 1 Life per click, which took forever)
- Purifying Spring: Restores 10% of your total Mana per click

Fix some bad code regarding zeros and negative values:
- AC/To Hit on Items: Negative values on items should stay negative now; no more wrap around.
- Item & Affix Restorations: Due to the above fix, the following items & affixes are restored to defaults:
.....Scavenger Carapace, Harlequin Crest, Celestial Star, Gnarled Root, The Defender, The Deflector
.....Dull, Clumsy, Brass, Tin
- Shrines: No permanent Life/Mana loss when Magic or Vitality are reduced while 0
- Shrines: No longer can your Magic be reduced to a negative value (Barbarians rejoice!)
- Barbarian Magic Restoration: Consequent of the above fixes, Barbarians return to their default of 0 max Magic.*
*Barbarians created in V1.02.A1 will have extra mana; if this bothers you, either make a new one, or PM me to discuss sending your character file so I can fix it. Smile

Fix low Chance To Hit bug for Monsters: (any value over 135% is later reduced by 255% on Hell difficulty)
- Diablo: Chance To Hit now 135% (-85%), to compensate he has Armor Class 100 (+10) and Minimum Damage 37 (+7)
- Na'Krul: Chance To Hit now 135% (-15%), to compensate he has Armor Class 130 (+5)
- Flesh Thing: Chance To Hit now 135% (-15%), to compensate they have Armor Class 75 (+5)

Improve Unique Jewelry:*
Hellfire's Jewelry - will remain inferior to possible Magic jewelry
- Ring of Magma: +60% Resist Fire, +15 Strength (was: +60% Resist Fire, -30% Resist Magic, -30% Resist Lght)
- Ring of the Mystics: +60% Resist Magic, +15 Magic (was: +60% Resist Magic, -30% Resist Fire, -30% Resist Lght)
- Ring of Thunder: +60% Resist Lght, +15 Dexterity (was: +60% Resist Lght, -30% Resist Magic, +60% Resist Fire)
- Acolytes Amulet: +50 Mana, +10% Resist All, Faster Hit Recovery (was: 50% of Base Mana to Life**)
- Gladiator's Ring: +40 Life, +5 To All Attributes, +15% Chance To Hit (was: 40% of Base Life to Mana**)
- Amulet of Warding: +40% Resist All, +4 Armor, -3 Damage, +20 Armor vs Undead*** (was: +40% Res All, -100 Life)
Diablo's Jewelry - the only high level ring could use a slight boost
- Ring of Engagement: 1-3 Damage to Attacker (qlvl1) >>> 5% Chance of 300% Damage (qlvl1) (Melee only)
*Changed uniques retrieved from Gillian's stash will show incorrect stats until you restart, or leave it laying in town and return from a dungeon.
**The Life/Mana trade jewels were buggy and didn't always work.

Although many uniques could use some help, it would be very time consuming to make them all useful relative to their level. For A2, I focused exclusively on jewelry because they represented some of the worst uniques in the game, and because finding Unique jewels a bit more means finding Magic jewels a bit less, which could be far better. Now some of these are good enough that you won't immediately replace them with the first alternative ring or amulet you find - if you ever wore them at all before.

I gave a lot of careful thought to the changes made to the jewelry, and hope everyone will feel they are improvements and not at all unfair, but do remember that if you disagree with them, any or all of these changes can be easily searched and disabled in the .dat file.

Personally, I could care less about the jewelry changes; not having to click fountains 250+ times to restore health and mana was worth all this effort alone, haha. Enjoy!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A2 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod [A2 released!] - by Belix - 02-17-2014, 09:05 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM