Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
This is great, awesome to see people still working on this game. How noble of you to respect the work that Marsh put into this as well. That's what I like about the Diablo modding community. I have a theory that people treat others how they want to be treated so I'll be sure to remember this when it's your work that's getting reiterated. It's not cool to claim someone else's work is your own, but sometimes it's someone else's work that gets you interested in the first place.

Mordor has a post where he'll let you pay him $10 and he'll make you any Hellfire mod you want. I started making a list of what I wanted in a mod and you have pretty much checked everything that I think is doable. The only thing missed was the location of the save files, should be unhidden in the game's folder, or better a "saves" folder that's in the game's folder. Two other things are things I've looked into and have deemed impossible. PvPGN support and something similar to the Torch Hack, I don't think either of those are possible in Hellfire but it's always good to ask. The last thing I wanted was to be able to run through all the quests in one game.

I gave it a go and it looks awesome. The opening and menu make it feel like a true Hellfire game. And it's great that you showed what you did in the .dat file. Really handy for those of us starting out. You have a great working knowledge of modding Diablo. Thank you for something new to play with.

Edit: Confirmed to NOT work with The Hell XD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire v1.02.A1 - an Unofficial Update for Marsh's mod - by qualakon - 12-17-2013, 02:41 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM