The Dark Graphics - Save .cl2 animation [solved]
Thank you very much, qualakon. Following the steps in that tutorial allowed me to create a proper .cl2 file that works in the game. Apparently in order to convert .bmp files to single frame .cl2 files, one rather unintuitively needs to load *only* the first bitmap in the sequence. Generally when you batch convert something you open/list all the files you want to convert, but this program didn't follow that convention.

I'll summarize the steps from that .pdf file here for the convenience of anyone else trying to do such a thing in the future who searches the web for help.

.bmp to .cl2 with TDG in 7 easy steps:

1. Make sure Loop is unchecked, and Groups are set to 0 (default when you just started TDG)
2. Click 'Open BMP' -> Select the first bitmap in your animation sequence (should end with 1)
3. Enable the Loop checkbox
4. Click 'Save CL2' -- this should batch convert all .bmp files in this animation to individual .cl2 frames
5. Click 'Open CL2' -> Select the first cl2 file in the sequence
6. Set Groups correctly for the final cl2 file (e.g. Groups = 8 for a player character or monster)
7. Click 'Save CL2' -- this should create the full .cl2 animation file in the same folder as your .cl2 frames

And you're done.

If directory clutter is a concern, between steps 4 and 5 you may wish to move the freshly converted .bmp -> .cl2 single frames to a different folder before creating the final .cl2 file.

EDIT: Just adding some extra discoveries here:
-TDG hates underscores in folder names. Don't try to save files into paths containing underscores or you'll get errors trying to perform operations.
-Make sure you're using the latest version (2.3.0.128 I believe); I tried an older one (2.3.0.125) and it wrote out individual .cl2 files incorrectly somehow, and neither it nor the newer version could then create a multi-frame .cl2 from them. Had to delete them and start over with .128.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Dark Graphics - Save .cl2 animation - by Belix - 10-30-2013, 10:13 PM