Melee-ing after the changes to damage and health.
The build is very similar to my first 80+, good 2H damage and decent defenses. Without top tier gear I had about 10k dps and 8k armor. Those stats will let you run maps up to 72. But then on tougher 72 maps or maps higher leveled, you'll be taking too much damage and not quite dishing out enough damage on harder packs.

Eventually I switched to Infernal Blow, because Heavy Strike's pushback was a pain in the arse, and it stopped Necros from respawning mobs. I also had some nice talents to supplement IB, such as Lava Lash and Amplify. The highest damage late game two-handers I found to be Maces, so I went with that spec anyway, and ended up with this very sturdy build. While in Hardcore I ended up trading for the number one 2H DPS Maul, it's even the highest in Softcore as well. I ended up getting to 14k DPS and above 10K armor, but it still wasn't enough to get past 72 maps comfortably.

While I was having fun, I wanted to experience more of the true end game in PoE. After doing research, I learned that Physical Cleave combined with Bringer of the Rain allowed for a very practical and relatively inexpensive way to reach end-game PoE while playing Melee. When I say inexpensive, I mean about 4 exalts worth of currency. But that is cheap compared to other builds that run all maps. The best part of running Physical Cleave with BoR, is that it Blinds the enemies you hit. Also Cleave acts as your Single Target and AoE, which frees up more skill slots. So I found it very easy to cast Enduring Cry with just using one attack skill.

With the Physical Cleave build I've been able to solo double Vaal in the Maze map and run through 75's without dying. This is mainly thanks to Blinding everything, while having endurance charges up, 10k armor, 50% chance to block, and more defenses from my Auras. It's a build to keep your eye on once you get enough wealth to trade for a Bringer of Rain. Here's my current build at level 85.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Melee-ing after the changes to damage and health. - by MonTy - 08-23-2013, 03:57 AM