Planning a new Anarchy Character, Build tips.
(06-18-2013, 04:34 PM)shoju Wrote: Is there anything I'm missing from the build?

I've built four different freeze pulse characters above level 50 in Hardcore, so I do have a lot of experience with their play style. The build you have linked is decent, but I foresee two problems; armor and mana. You'll be wearing ES gear so your armor will be low or non-existent. This means any kind of ranged pack will absolutely chew through your ES. You will need two granite flasks at all times, but even having them will make you feel like a glass cannon. Also, how are you going to regain ES? Wait for it to regen? IMO you'll need Life Leech with Ghost Reaver if you're going ES. But then you're socketing strength gems and will need strength. Mana will be an easier issue to fix, but it'll be a struggle for a while. Once you get clarity high enough and mana leech linked to FP, you should be ok.

But the character is really powerful. You'll be Godlike once you get LMP all the way into Merciless. Even with the recent nerf to FP damage, the damage is incredible with LMP and you'll constantly be critting which causes the enemies to freeze. Also, Ice Spear is an amazing long ranged spell. Once you get Faster Casting your single target enemy will likely always remain frozen.

I do love the Cold Caster build though, so I'm trying to find a perfect median of damage, survivability, and utility. I think this build accomplishes that. I'll have Freeze Pulse linked with LMP or GMP, Blood Magic, Life Leech, and Added Lightning. If you don't get a five link do not include Added Lightning and don't take Static Blows passive. Ice Spear linked with Faster Casting, Blood Magic, and Life Leech. I'll be going heavy into Armor gear, but may need hybrid armor in order to make the sockets work for FP (B-G-R-R-B).

In summary, the build you linked will work extremely well into the end of Act Two Merciless. Then any kind of ranged mob with added damage will tear through your ES and leave you running with your tail between your legs. It's a fun build but without any kind of armor or life leech/ghost reaver it'll be tricky to pull off in end game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Planning a new Anarchy Character, Build tips. - by MonTy - 06-18-2013, 07:47 PM