Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
I ran some incredibly terrible maps last night. I ran a level 66 crypts map that just kept destroying me. It had patches of burning ground, and these mobs that would drop more burning ground on death, and the sin lord guys who cast flammability.

I died. more than I wanted.

I then ran a Cemetery map that dropped so few blues and rares I was pissed I had spent the currency to roll it. I ended up hauling out 4 loads of white items, because it was 1 load of rares and currency, 1 load of blues, and...... that was it.

I then ran a tropical island map that went very well. Even gave me another tropical island map (/yawn, but still another map).

I took a break then, and played my ranger. Gravicious -> Piety -> Cruel. I gave up on puncture. It just isn't enough damage, the bleed isn't good enough. I swapped over to Frenzy full time. I have a Frenzy + Added Fire + Mana Leech + Life Leech, a Frenzy + GMP, and a Rain of Arrows + Life on Hit. as my main attacks. I'm probably going to go

Frenzy - Single Target
Rain of Arrows - AOE
Poison Arrow + Ranged Attack Totem
Projectile Weakness
and see about sneaking in an aura or two. Not sure how many I can run, since I'm going total Evasion. Which, at least so far, has been a totally laughable experience with Rain of Arrows + Life on Hit for AoE.

I want to get back to my little PS witch, but I'm prepping for my least favorite part of the game. Vaal. I hate the Pyramid. I hate that fight. I have to get in the right mood to play that, and right now, I'm just not feelin' it.

I'm still torn on what to do with that chest piece, but I still have ~20 levels to decide. I also rolled a nice thicket bow I found on my Summoner, so I have that waiting as well.

What do you guys do with your skill gems? I have 3 tabs almost completely full now... I'm just not sure what I should do with them, especially since the gem market SUCKS
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by shoju - 05-31-2013, 03:16 PM