Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
shoju Wrote:The chest, is currently a Vaal Regalia. @20% quality that has an ES of 210. The stats on the Chest are:

+23 Mana (a low roll)
73% Increased ES (Sort of low, it could be rolled higher)
19% Fire
22% Cold
40% Lightning Resist.

Nice find. Good chest to get you started in mapping content. Although ES is a tad low, the other attributes are decent. You must have been thrilled finding it.

shoju Wrote:I'd love to drop jewelers and Fusings at it, but I already dropped 130 Orbs on it fishing for 6 Sockets, and came up empty.

Oh God, I know the pain. Took me over a thousand Jeweller's to get my six socket. Wouldn't have done it if it wasn't the #1 DPS 2H Maul on the forums. But yea, I went broke doing it too.

shoju Wrote:I have 1 Prefix Slot open. It could roll +life, +ES, or Thorns.

It could roll +Life, +Thorns, +ES , or +ES% & Base Stun Recovery % (Djinn's Prefix).

shoju Wrote:I'm fairly pleased with my gear right now.

Yea, you've definitely crafted and found some decent stuff. It's a hell of a effort to get to this point though, eh? It's by far one of the hardest ARPGs I've played, in terms of upgrading your gear and progressing. Although you've improved your character by many times over, there's still room for you to triple your stats.

On my end, I've created a Lightning Strike Crit Templar, and he's progressing nicely. It was based off a thread posted on Reddit/PathofExile the other day, I really liked that his build didn't do the standard 1h/shield/resolute technique with LS that I've seen so much of. It's a very dangerous playstyle but can pay dividends due to the elemental crit of fire/ice/lightning. Here's the skill tree I tweaked. I'll be using Lightning Strike-Blood Magic-Life Leech-Weapon Elemental Damage-Faster attacks (and Multistrike if I can ever get a six link). Tons of Auras too of course, thanks to Eldritch Battery (Discipline, Wrath, Anger, Hatred, Purity, Determination).

I'll have get used to running enduring cry. I've come to accept that endurance charges are required for melee for 70+ maps, although it's a pain in the arse to keep casting it.

But it's a Crit build that has a ton of damage potential, and just enough AoE/range so it's not completely melee. I'm looking forward to it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 05-21-2013, 12:55 AM