Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
So I've taken a little break from my witch the past couple of days, and I'm leveling my ranger. Talk about being clueless... I'm in the mid 20's now, and I'm sort of, kind of, building what I think a Physical Bow ranger would be? I uh... Yeah, I don't know much about this side of the skill tree.

My ranger, build and gear

Right now, I'm using

Puncture
Split Arrow
Poison Arrow
rain of Arrows
Bear Trap
Fire Trap

I like the idea of puncture, because they should be moving towards me, triggering the heavier bleed. That's the thought anyway. My main AoE stuff is the Poison Arrow, and then Split Arrows, unless they get grouped up on me, then it's the Fire Trap + Rain of Arrows.

At this point, I'm just sort of tinkering with different skills, and while this isn't "main" potential, I do enjoy gunning things down. (Would LOVE to see a Crossbow model in the game BTW)

Should I go more life and evasion since I'm going to try the acrobatics? (So far it's been interesting)
How many Bow Nodes should I go for? I had sort of "put off" getting more defensive stuff while I was just sorting out getting to acrobatics. This is really as far as I had thought ahead. i figured at this point, I'll probably need to figure out how I'm going to stay alive.

I have some life nodes nearby on this (13 of my next 14 points could all be life if I wanted) Or I could start making my way towards beefing up my Evasion, something I'm sure I'm going to want to do at some point.

If this character were to live long enough, my thought at the end of the day was:

Puncture - Life Leech - Mana Leech
Rain of Arrows - Life on Hit - Mana Leech - Chain?
Poison Arrow (on ranged attack totem) - LMP
Fire Trap
Bear Trap

I'm not sure what I would link to the traps, and I'm not sure about auras, but this is about as far as I had planned ahead.

Thoughts? Am I way off? Is this a terrible Idea?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by shoju - 05-07-2013, 02:20 PM