Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
Well I have now killed Piety on Merciless at level 66. She dropped the unique named Aurumvorax. Sort of interesting. 45 resist all, but minus 20 rarity find. I would never use it since I over-value rarity find, but it is interesting.

Piety killed me once when I had her down to around 15%. Feel like I could have killed her without dying if I played a little better. Kind of disappointed that there was no real end. It never said "Congrats! You finished!" or anything. Just back to Sarn with nothing saying what to do next. I have 6 maps. 5 white and one blue. As far as I can tell the game has never told me what to do with them. Tooltip says they can be used at the Eternal Laboratory, but I'm going to have to google where that is. This is still Open Beta so that is excusable though I suppose. They could fix all these complaints before release. I'm doubtful they will though.

Overall I would say the game is decent, but lacks a polish that I've grown accustom to and don't think will be added after Beta. I'll keep playing for now. Try out these maps and such. It's been enjoyable and I don't regret playing the game. Despite me going to keep playing it, I don't think I would really recommend it to anyone though. If I had to rate it I would give it a rating of 'meh'. Decent, but unexciting. Apparently that is good enough for me to stick with for the time being heh.

Edit: Ah ha! Apparently I had read a dialog about the Eternal Laboratory from Lady Dialla and just never processed or paid enough attention to know that it added a waypoint location. So there is in game directions for it, but easy to miss in my opinion. Especially since by the time you get to Merciless you tend to not pay attention to the dialogs as much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by swirly - 05-05-2013, 07:47 PM