Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
My play time has been limited and will be non-existent next week, but there is some info to update with anyway. I'm 65 and at the Barracks waypoint with the quest to kill Piety on Merciless. I think my plan is to get one more level and then attempt to kill her.

Changes to note with my build. I respeced out of being able to do 2 curses and the three nodes up to it so that I could speed down to reduced mana reserve. I couldn't notice any difference at all though. It didn't enable me to run another aura and the change to my mana pool was pretty small. So I decided that it isn't worth the trip to it and backed out something like 7 points. Basically back to where I have Body and Soul in the small node. Then I went down towards Body and Soul in the big node. I'm one point from picking it up which is why I'm thinking I will wait one level.

My thinking on going back to one curse is mostly just to speed up getting other places. I don't expect to have too many more levels in me so I had to make some compromises. I'm also thinking that it isn't too hard to know which curse you need in a situation. If you are going against something that is going to kill your minions and require some work to kill (like Piety herself) then flammability is probably the way to go to make the most use of fire trap and minion explosions. If you are fighting trash who won't kill many minions then Vulnerability is probably the way to go. So instead of putting both up I just put up which I think is optimal for the situation. It is slightly annoying, but again... compromises needed to be made.

In item news, I was able to get my Icetomb chest piece to six socket with a 4 link and a 2 link. So that is doing alright I think. Sometimes I wish I could get something different from Icetomb since the chill stuff on it is wasted, but the cold resist is still needed and the armor/ES is nice so I'll probably just stick with it. Feeling like my gear is being pigeonholed some though which is annoying. If I were to keep playing such that I could get more resistance passives maybe I could start lessening that. Though I also kind of feel like Armor+ES+Resist+Rarity Find+Quantity Find are the only stats that even matter. Everything else feels like I don't even notice if I have it or not and so I tend to be indifferent toward. So if I start getting resists from passives such that I don't need it on gear then I feel like it will start seeming like the gear doesn't even matter. All about the sockets, links, and colors with the stats hardly mattering. I'm clearly over-stating that some, but it is a general approximation of how I am feeling.

I also picked up a Limbsplit unique which I guess would be a Marauder item? Yet another unique to sit in my stash and collect dust really.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by swirly - 05-04-2013, 07:21 PM