Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
(04-25-2013, 02:38 PM)shoju Wrote: My Current Build At this point, I'm unsure where I want to go. I have been banking my respec points, so once I do get a great roll on an ES Chest, I could respec some of my life nodes into ES nodes. I had thought about backing out 6 of my life nodes now, and picking up the Armour / ES / Body and soul Cluster over by the templar area. My reasoning being, that the other ES nodes are just 8% ES. These nodes give me the 8% ES, as well as 8% Armour (yes, I know, only my shield grants me armour) and ends with a 20% increase to ES, as well as 10% Resistances, which gives me a little more leeway to experiment with some of my gear slots.

But, I would also like to get a little deeper in the witch tree, and get some more passive Chaos Resist, since I have a little on gear, i would at least try and get it back to a 0%, as I'm still currently in the negs.

What I look at with your build is trying to swing a switch like I did with my summoner. Not to CI, but to starting from the other side of the witch tree. Something like this: http://bit.ly/17l52tx

That is the same number of spent points as you have currently. You lose
  • 10% spell damage
  • 30 Int
  • 20 Str
  • 24% max life
  • 16% max mana

You gain
  • 60 Int
  • 20 to max mana (not a percent)
  • 8% max mana
  • 8% ES
  • 20% ES cooldown recovery
  • 24% chaos resist

Whether that is worth it or not is debatable, but the extra upside is that you then are in position such that there are 6 life nodes in reach with no wasted points to get to them. (3 of those you are in position to get now though) There is another 3 8% life and 1 10% life nodes which are only 1 30 STR node away. You might need that node anyway since I took 20 STR off. I'd prob respec a 8% max mana node for now to grab it if necessary. There is the 8% ES followed by the 18% ES node with no wasted points to get to them. You can re-pick up the two 8% max mana nodes I took away from your build if you want to too. It just seems to me like it has a lot more future growth potential than where you are right now.

Now the downside is how to make it happen. It is 9 points to reconnect. Getting rid of the 3 life and 2 mana nodes that is part of the plan is 5. So you have to burn another 4 respec points. Reconnect. Then burn 6 more respec points to get rid of the old connection. Then use all those points to fill out the wants you have and refill the 4 you had to respec to free room. So you are looking at burning 15 respec points. Which is quite an investment.

Still... I do feel like it positions you to where you have good areas to grow into and have the chaos resist passives you want/need too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by swirly - 04-25-2013, 09:56 PM