Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
I'm trucking along with my 78 Hardcore Marauder. I've setup a shop and sold a dozen plus items for decent prices, crafted some nice gear, but also have failed horribly at crafting others. I recently leveled a few alts to 50+ but nothing has sustained my interest as much as my heavy strike/ground slam Marauder. I think my issue with other builds is the single target damage and survivability. I hate becoming squishy or weak single target skills. My Marauder has good single target damage (6k), acceptable AoE (3k), and decent defenses (4.8k life, 10k armor, max res). All around a solid character.

The dev team posted their intentions of possibly raising the levels in Act 3 Merciless, so the transition to maps is more smooth and you're able to find better items (and maps) outside of maps themselves. I think this change is much needed, as I remember the push needed to get my character to run maps without dying was insane, almost three weeks of pure grinding.

All in all I've had my fill of trying out the various builds, I'm probably at around 20 characters who are higher than level 40. If my Marauder dies I'll probably just continue playing him casually in Softcore. This game is a serious grind and I can't see myself sustaining several characters in the end-game Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 04-25-2013, 01:20 AM