Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
(03-29-2013, 02:46 PM)shoju Wrote: I don't know if Merciless is going to make me feel any better.

It won't. Merciless requires a huge grind as melee. You've got to have max resistances, 3k+ life, 4k+ armor, and other stats or you'll just go splat so often. I'm in Merciless with my new Melee character and been having to farm Ledge until around lvl 59.

After getting a dozen or so characters to end-game, I think this is my last character. Although if he does die I'm sure I'll be playing him in default when I feel like grinding, but I'll certainly be playing less and less.

Even though the game is grindy, I love feeling of progression in it. You grow exponentially as you upgrade gear. More skills, better skills, and greater stats. I've had some pretty decent gear on my higher 70+ characters, but I could still have upgraded them to about 2 or 3 times as powerful as they were (4k life, 5k armor, 5k dps)

But yes, I notice a lot of people losing interest, which I kind of expected after getting my first character to end game map progression.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by MonTy - 03-29-2013, 07:10 PM