Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
Man, Act III Cruel is really a step up in difficulty. Act II felt pretty easy, not a problem, (until Vaal, but I hate that fight) So far, Act III Cruel feels a lot slower. I have to be more deliberate in my pulls, Run away more, plan more. I'm not sure why. The only resist that sucks is Chaos, and I'm pretty sure it's just always going to suck. I'm not in the negatives on it, but I'm still rather low on it.

I've been running a few things trying to get some "better" gear, but I'm just not having much luck. I've tried crafting things, and the more I craft, the more I absolutely despise the randomness of the system.

To be honest, at this point, my interest is starting to wane. I don't play with people. I only play default league, and don't know anyone in my level range, and I tried a public group once, and the lag, combined with someone snagging the one piece that I REALLY wanted (that was mine) before I could get to it (yay timer), just turned me off to public groups.

I think my gear knowledge in WoW is probably what is killing me in this game. Knowing that I could look, and find, and put together a list of what I wanted, and then work towards either crafting it, or getting the drop was much more interesting to me, than the super awesome fun time that is everything being random.

I'm going to see how I feel after I get to the end of Cruel, but at this point, I don't know if Merciless is going to make me feel any better. Huge penalties to resist (which I have ALWAYS hated as stats), mean I'm going to have to work twice as hard as a melee to make sure I'm not eating pavement.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by shoju - 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM