Path of Exile free to play in about six hours.
A couple of topics, I'd love to discuss with people.

gear
I have to say, I feel a real dearth of gear in Act II. I know I'm not going to find anything to match my level, since I'm overlevel, but I'm not even finding upgrades to what I have. I haven't really upgraded my gear much since Act III normal.

which leads me to crafting
Mainly, I guess, I just need to get the orbs together to try and craft some of my stuff a little better, but I've been trying like mad to save up so that I can play around with the better gear I'm hoping I can get in later Acts. Should I be trying to craft more while I level?

I have

25 Orb of Trans
22 Orb of Augmentation
30 Orb of Alteration
44 Armor Scraps
21 Whetstones
5 orb of chance
28 Chromatic Orb
15 Glassblower Baubs
20 Jewelers
1 fusing
1 Exalted (a drop. When my templar was level 10)
1 Blessed Orb
2 Scouring
3 Chaos
1 Regal
3 Orb of Alchemy (and I'm halfway to another one)

I've been buying orbs from the vendors when I can. Trying to turn my orbs for magic items into better orbs. I've only ever crafted Flasks and one Axe that turned out well as magic items. So I keep a stack of the magic orbs around for my lowbies, and I've been turning the rest into better items. I just turned a bunch of Alteration into my stack of Jewelers orbs. I guess now, I'm going to turn those into fusings, which is a slow process.

gems
I do seem to have a good quantity of Gems. I've been trying to sell them off to get more orbs, but I guess I don't have anything that anyone really cares about. Not even my quality gems seem to be anything of important.

If anyone is interested, I have

5% Projectile Weakness (lvl1)
8% Detonate Dead (lvl1)
13% Conductivity (lvl1)
9% Double Strike (lvl6 - I used it for a bit)
5% Ice Shot (lvl1)
9% Hatred (lvl1)
11% Decoy Totem (level 12 - I use it right now for trying to save my marauders dumbbutt, but would part with it if someone could use it better than I am)

Other "not starter" gems I have

Green Support
Trap
pierce
Fork - lvl7

Green
2x Puncture 1 lvl1 and 1 lvl2
2x Projectile Weakness
Explosive Arrow
Frenzy
Flicker Strike
Hatred

Blue
Conductivity
Wrath
2x Discharge
Conversion Trap
Frostbite
Clarity
Vulnerability
Shock Nova

Red
rejuv totem - lvl6
Dominating Blow
Flame Totem
2x Melee Damage on Full Life

They are all Default league, but if anyone is interested, I'm more than willing to work out a trade that works for both of us. If someone had a level 1, or low level Enduring Cry, I'd trade a fair bit for it.

Flasks
How often would you try to craft flasks up? Since I don't use my stuff to make magic items too often, I've been messing with flasks. I'm able to "increase" my flasks to the next level (I currently have Colossal, I think I can go up to Sacred?). But, I "normally" sport 4 life flasks, and a granite flask. 3 of my 4 life flasks rolled into extra health. Base on Colossal is 700, 3 of mine are 1120. Since I don't have a mana pool, the offshoot is nothing.

1 of them, does nothing for me, as it has a Mana Leech while under the effect. I have no mana, so basically, it's just extra HP.
1 of them, I never bothered trying for a second modifer on, since the first one rolled into mana leech.
the 3rd is 25% Resistances while under the effect, and rolled the "recharges when you crit" (which doesn't help me)
The 4th flask is a resistance flask, 28% while under the effect, but just a normal 700 HP per 7 seconds.

Should I bother trying to upgrade my flasks? I mean, I have a good deal of HP going on these, and some (not all) useful mods. I'm just torn. Being silly I guess.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path of Exile free to play in about six hours. - by shoju - 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM