Inferno easier?
(10-13-2012, 06:44 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Ah, ok, the pain of pre-1.03 weapons. Sad It's hard to appreciate how bad the itemization was then and still in 1.03. I can see why the AS nerf happened and hurt a lot of builds. Fortunately drops and ilvl 61-62 weapons have improved.

You'll definitely need to upgrade your weapons. These days, 700-800 dps daggers with LOH are extremely cheap. I would get one with LOH and one with a socket (socket the later with an emerald.). The market for weapons has crashed so utterly that it's quite scary to see how cheap it is.

Yeah, I bought those two in the auction house pre-1.03 for something ridiculous, like a few hundred thousand gold.

Quote:If you don't want to use the AH I most likely have many, many random weapons that failed to sell that can help. Though believe it or not, you can actually farm your own upgrades too. 61-63 now drops in act 1 and 61-62 weapons are no longer useless. These days, Act 3/4 hell can drop as well as release Act 1 Inferno! This also makes inferno easier.

I've noticed the drops are much better now.

Quote:The next focus are your rings. I think any IAS one with 80 dex will help, resists are frosting but should be pretty trivial to find.

In this case, these rings were originally +15% IAS, purchased from a vendor in Tristram, and were the best I could get at the time. Obviously, times have changed.

Quote:Finally, you aren't using one with everything enough so stacking more physical resist is a priority. You have a lot of LOH atm, so I would transfer from transcendence to resolve. Transcendence helps if you have little or no LOH/life regen, but since you are fine there I would go with resolve's damage mitigation, or maybe even the guardian's path. The guardian's path might be better if you're getting gibbed before you reach your target.

This was something I was trying to correct before. Finding items that were actual upgrades or sidegrades rather than clear downgrades with resists that I could afford was more frustrating and difficult than it really should have been.

Thanks for advice. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Inferno easier? - by BellaStrega - 10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: Inferno easier? - by Archon_Wing - 10-12-2012, 11:59 PM
RE: Inferno easier? - by BellaStrega - 10-13-2012, 11:21 AM
RE: Inferno easier? - by Archon_Wing - 10-13-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: Inferno easier? - by BellaStrega - 10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
RE: Inferno easier? - by BellaStrega - 10-14-2012, 08:04 AM