Information about upcoming 1.0.4 patch
Paragon details released:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517/...-8_20_2012

The concept is good. It gets rid of the lack of progression feel when you reach the cap. The problem with the level cap is that you achieved it in mid-hell, so there seemed to be nowhere to go but banging your head against Inferno.

The additional MF also will alleviate the drop problems.

However, the cap on MF is not cool. One of the greatest ways to tell if someone is truly crushing the content is for them to clear hard stuff in mf gear. There should always be that urge to aim for more treasure hunting ability. Sure, we'll never reach the highest paragon level most likely, but even as a principle I feel that is wrong.

My other concern is that the stat boosts per paragon level is the same as a level up. By making characters that much stronger, it should be balanced by not nerfing inferno's difficulty that much. It's okay to get rid of frustrating CC and enrage timers because most people hate them. But if you overnerf the content, then the issues will go the other way. Currently, the game is too punitive to those that want to progress. In the future, there will be nothing worth progressing to, which is the feeling I got, when I got to Act 3 in 1.03 with the weaker drops.

There is still no incentive to go into Act 4, since your valors only last one act and well, Act 4 is short, for example.

I would much prefer MF to be subject to a diminishing returns formula. At least you can brag about raw mf still.

I also feel that paragon levels should only apply to inferno (with maybe trace amounts in hell), as not to affect hell mode progression too much. People still care about hell mode in hardcore at least.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Information about upcoming 1.0.4 patch - by Archon_Wing - 08-20-2012, 08:29 PM