Loot -- Be Careful of What You Wish For
(07-17-2012, 09:37 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: As of now, sub 60 items by the blacksmith need their costs cut to like 1/4 to be remotely considered viable. There should not be any 4 trait recipes. Don't waste time with that garbage.

Have you looked at the costs for under level 60 items after the 1.0.3 patch? Their costs got reduced to rock bottom prices both in terms of crafting materials and gold. Just today, I crafted up 150 warlord boots (ilvl 60 boots with 59 req that have 5 affixes) for effectively nothing. As usual, most of the boots were junk and were sold to the vendor. However, about 10 of them were good enough to go on the AH to recover my costs. I don't think anyone can complain about sub-60 costs anymore.

Now, your point about 4-affixes on crafting rares is key, though. I was shocked when I got my blacksmith up to level 10 and even proudly trained Haidrig with a chest recipe I found -- only to discover that every armor recipe only had 4 affixes. Armor has to have at least 5 affixes for there to be a reasonable chance for the piece to be remotely good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loot -- Be Careful of What You Wish For - by MongoJerry - 07-18-2012, 12:42 AM