Loot -- Be Careful of What You Wish For
Agreed with your charactization of D2 drops, although I would like legendaries to drop a little more offen in D3. I've been farming Act III hell for three days now and have found hundreds of rares but not a single legendary -- not even a terrible one. Also, I like your idea of allowing someone to use a gem in a crafting recipe to nail down one modifier in the craft. For example, what's the point of boots that don't have movement speed on them? I'd gladly sacrifice some gems to ensure that movement speed always shows up on my boot crafts.

Regarding magic find, one needs to understand that the weapon swap to a magic find set was an unintented consequence in LoD. The purpose of the weapon swap mechanism was to allow you to swap to a piece of gear that may allow you to handle a particularly bad set of immunes that spawn on an elite mob. For example, the intention was that a sorceress coming up against a fire/lightning/cold immune could swap to a strong bow and whittle the mob down.

My preference with magic find would be that they make all of the magic find affixes about 50% stronger but make it so that if you swap a piece of gear in, your magic find from gear drops to 0 for 3 minutes. That way, those who fight in magic find gear get good rewards for their efforts but at the same time we eliminate this really ridiculous need to swap in magic find gear at the last second on every elite or boss fight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loot -- Be Careful of What You Wish For - by MongoJerry - 07-17-2012, 04:05 AM