The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
People will pay for items anyways. They paid for it in D2, and this is no different except more streamlined.

And yea, who cares anyways?

Personally, I'm taking a long break from the game after losing a hardcore character to a game crash. The disconnect mechanic as is pretty much guarantees the moment there's an issue that you're instantly dead. I just don't think forcing you to wait 10 seconds or more before leaving adds anything to the game-- it's just an annoyance in softcore as well. Sure, people can abuse by alt-f4ing or w/e but I don't care about that. Hell, even the top paragon characters die to this crap. I only lost a 35, but I certainly wouldn't want to lose a high paragon character to this.

I think a lot of the mechanics of the game just have to take in account lag and disconnects since the online only requirement makes it part of the game. Unfortunately at this point, this is a deal breaker.

Yea, I know that by creating a hc character you should be prepared to lose one if bad luck happens, but this just would be a huge damper. As for this particular loss, I'll accept it since I had noticed some rather bad latency beforehand.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by Archon_Wing - 09-25-2012, 05:21 PM