The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
^^This theory has been used time and again, but in practice things almost always turn out differently. Most monsters in the game already have some sort of inherit trait in their normal form, which combined with their absurd life and damage should be enough to make things interesting. No matter how many tools we are given, the mechanics of the game make it so that your death WILL be inevitable, no matter how skilled you are. That is LAZY and poor design, no matter how you try to slice it. All the monsters have to do is chain cast frozen on you, and if you somehow survive that, then they just vortex you into their molten/arcane sentrys. It is a HORRIBLE design philosophy, period, that makes gameplay extremely tedious and frustrating. Most of the time, the monsters can chain cast on you to the point where all your CC's and potion use are still on cooldown. Maybe you find that fun, but I (and the overwhelming majority) do NOT. So yea, we disagree completely on this issue. But I guarantee you its part of a long list of reasons why the D3 population is falling rapidly, and why the overall consensus of the game is that it is a complete disappointment, and that Blizz as a company fell off. Most of my friends have lost interest already, and I havent played since Monday. At this point, I do not think patches will be enough to save this game. It needs a COMPLETE overhaul and re-design if you ask me.

To Jester's post.....the difference is, even the average items in D1 and on D2 were more interesting than the BEST items on D3, and they did much more for your char than items of the same level would on D3. And the actual rate in which you found decent items was much better on the first two games - In 500 hours+ of playing, I've found less than a handful of items that would be considered "good", and none that are in the "godly" category. Thats pretty bad.....in 500 hours on D1, I'd have TWO very nicely geared chars in that same amount of time - and I'd be doing what you are supposed to be doing in a Diablo game: facerolling demons with friends, finding alot of junk but some nice loot along the way and playing a few PvP sessions - this is fun. All we get in D3 is crappy items, 2 grossly hyper-inflated AH's that people roll for hours hoping to find that lucky upgrade, OP monster affixes, enrage timers, and unforgiving repairs costs. NO thank you - I'm not interested.

I found a Grandfather a couple nights ago, and it wasn't even a big deal because 630 dps on a 2h Legendary Sword is just pathetic. I realize blizz has said thy are addressing this but as MM said I'm not holding my breath, and besides this was something that shouldn't haven been an issue to begin with. I think it is too little, too late for them at this point.

Face rolling things (with the occasional death because of something on YOUR end) is A LOT MORE fun than dying constantly to a cheap, lazy design (with a 30k repair bill to boot). Am I missing something here? LOL.....I don't think I am, and that my thought process is perfectly rational here.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by FireIceTalon - 07-25-2012, 09:08 PM