The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
(07-25-2012, 04:03 AM)RedRadical Wrote: ^^Agree with that entirely - I want control of my char at ALL times. Thus that means NM, Jailer, Waller, Frozen and Vortex MUST GO - they have no place in a Diablo game, or any RPG for that matter. Teleport and Fast I can live with, though they shouldn't spawn on monsters that are inherently fast to begin with. Invulnerable Minions and Shielding, while not impairing control traits, are just plain cheezy and OP, and should also be removed, same with Dmg Reflect. Extra Health is pretty unnecessary, since most elites already have an asinine amount of health anyways. This would make offensive traits like Arcane, Molten, Desecrate, Mortar, or Illusionist much more tolerable, though I still think Blizz can come up with better solutions to provide a challenging and rewarding FUN experience for gamers.
I adamantly disagree with this. AI controlled enemies need ways to impede other than pure damage. I'm all for Frozen, Jailer, Waller, Vortex they are great gameplay elements. ...... So long as every toon has been given tools and choices with which to deal with these. For example on my monk I am able to use Seven Sided Strike, and Serenity to either avoid, or immediately recover from these loss of control situations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by Yricyn - 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM