The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
I'm cautiously optimistic about the legendary items revamp, although I don't think that will fix the underlying problem- it just means that everyone will want those instead of rares with great stats. If they can pull off some items with unique stats or features, you know, stuff that you can create an entire build around, and make it accessible, I can see folks hanging around.

Like it or hate it, the RMAH means that Blizzard will be committed to finding ways to keep folks playing. At one point they said that they won't do WoW-like content patches, but I don't think an endless dungeon or uber Tristram update is out of the question. Heck, maybe they'd even take a page out of Path of Exile's book and do random maps.

Overall I enjoyed the game and while the Steam summer sale drowned me with new stuff to play, I'll probably still play D3 off and on whenever the urge to kill large quantities of miscellaneous demons strikes me. The lack of a subscription fee means that I don't feel compelled to log in every night like I used to with WoW. I guess that's a good thing?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by RTM - 07-25-2012, 02:31 AM