The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
I farmed A3 and A4 for a bit yestarday just to see if the drops were any better than in A1 - and it really exposed to me just how horrid the items in the game are. Found a ton of ilvl 63 weapons with 350-400 dps. I did find one rare xbow with over 1k DPS, but it had arcane damage and 220 strength: vendor trash. I'm all for randomness, but this is just over the top. Inferno Diablo dropped ilvl 55 items, stuff for hell difficulty. It really is a joke.

(07-24-2012, 10:14 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 09:09 PM)RedRadical Wrote: I got well over 500 hours logged - but much of that time was spent doing fruitless Imprisoned Angel/Butcher runs. The bottomline is, the loot system is HORRIBLE. It is completely uninspiring, uninteresting, and unrewarding. There is a stick, but no carrot. The fact you even need the best gear just to progress at a reasonable rate on the highest difficulty is indication of a broken system - with a grossly inflated GAH to boot unless you are in the 1% you cannot afford said gear without opening up your wallet. Inferno is horribly over-tuned. And now we got invulnerability bugs - yep. Even though they hotfixed it, it matters not - there are too many other issues and Blizz doesn't seem to be in any rush to fix them - and when they do - they usually just make it worse (see 1.03). Quite simply, they are out of touch with what the gamers want.

I may log on once in a while to play my hardcore char, but other then that, I'm done. I'm not even excited about PvP at all, and as a PvP player I should be but I have little interest in the direction they are taking with it.

The loot system is not the issue, the issue is they tied progression to loot instead of player skill (which is how Diablo and Diablo 2 were setup). They fundamentally turned Diablo 3 180 degrees to how Diablo and Diablo 2 were setup where a bad player with really great equipment will succeed in Diablo 3, but a really great player with mediocre gear will fail.

Yes, that is a problem as well, if not the fundamental one. But even still, the items are just plain awful. Even the best items that go for in the tens of millions on the GAH, are just.....completely boring.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by FireIceTalon - 07-24-2012, 11:38 PM