The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
(07-24-2012, 02:09 PM)Lissa Wrote: I think I can sum up your thoughts a little bit, and this is why I'm not willing to do much with Blizzard at the moment (maybe in the future), Blizzard has gone from a company that cares about their players and the quality of their games to how much money they can make. Simply, when Vivendi bought Activision and then merged Activision and Blizzard together, they royally fucked over the Blizzard culture. Blizzard's culture of making great games has been greatly diminished and been replaced mostly by the "we need more money for our daily money bath!" The things that have happened with D3, with SC 2 (I don't hold much hope for the storylines in Swarm or Void), and WoW have shown to me that Blizzard doesn't care about their games anymore, just how much money they can make.

I'm not willing to say that though. There are still plenty of people who DO enjoy their games and there's also the fact that if people don't enjoy the games then they simply won't spend their money on it so paying attention to making enjoyable games IS part of it still. They're just catering to a different type of gamer than what I am now so I'm not going to be supporting them anymore.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by Treesh - 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM