The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short
(07-24-2012, 11:05 AM)Jester Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 08:22 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: ... I'm simply uninstalling and never buying another Blizzard product again.

I'm sorry it had to come to this, but this is just how I approach any form of media. When it fails to entertain me to a certain point, there aren't any more second chances.

Is it not extreme to reject one of the world's best developers, scorched-earth, forever, just on the basis that one of their games got a little frustrating towards the end?

You can spend your money how you like. But as a consumer strategy, this makes no sense to me.

-Jester

Trust me, my gripes are not just with the past 2 months.

I'm afraid the problems with the game go beyond frustration with end game content (I already got to the last point in the game which matters and am doing fine, so this isn't a difficulty issue-- I toughed it out pre-patch, after all.), but the fiasco that is battle.net 2.0 as well as well as their approach to changing and maintaining the game, which doesn't just include Diablo 3. Sure, I understand that not everything is perfect, and we need to keep patching, but the prioritizing is atrocious. I understand that change must be gradual, but Blizzard has done nothing but wide swinging changes that have made the game worse patch after patch. I don't think having a feeling of moving slowly forward isn't deserved is it? Because I feel like every day this game is slipping further and further down. There's no more "wait and see" because honestly I don't want to see what happens next, just like with SC2. They nerf this and nerf that, and meanwhile random people are dying randomly to desecration pools that they never would before, spam bots run unchecked, and the interface across the game remains underdeveloped and cumbersome. People pay out the ass in repair costs, and seeing one for 15k when you don't die just gives me a headache.

How can one expect change in a positive direction, when the changes made are clearly ones out of desperation and methods completely wrong? Not that I claim to be some kind of video game master, but no change should involve the numbers 50% or higher without extensive testing. If I could give the Starcraft II team any praise, it was that they were willing to make small changes and let it seep in.

It's not that the endgame is merely frustrating, it's that it doesn't exist. Starcraft II was somewhat lacking in my mind, and I have no interest in WOW. Besides, the team that made Diablo 2 is gone, so, I have no brand loyalty, really nor do I see a reason for things to get better. You could argue it is unfair, but to me it's the last straw. My friends list is consistently dead through the day, so I'm not the only one.

Whatever it is, it's clear that whatever they are aiming at doesn't include me. I'll just have to accept this fact, and also this board could use less of my ranting anyways. :p

I would like to thank the Auction House and random pubbies for keeping the game alive as long as it did, and it's making hardcore a bit more worthwhile. But I fear we're at a crossroads.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Diablo Formula and how Diablo 3 falls short - by Archon_Wing - 07-24-2012, 11:19 AM