Open letter to Blizzard...
(07-05-2012, 02:38 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: I am actually surprised anyone could disagree with most of it. At brief, my points were:
* Levelling-up is dull. I would like some meaningful interaction here.
* Item affixes are generally dull. The cool ones have low magnitude. Legendary/Set items were unpopular because they were not very powerful.
* Gear-checks reduce variety in gear. Players all need to meet a minimum of DPS/defence. As a result, modifiers that merely add flavour are unpopular, exasperating the point above.
* Nerfing drops from barrels, chests, etc is not fair on legitimate players who enjoy loot coming out of everything.
* Bosses are boring and weaker than Elites.
* Elites are an interesting concept, but need tweaking. The difference in power between Elites and whites is too great.
* Invulnerable Minions and enrage timers suck
* Inferno difficulty is a no-win situation for Blizzard, because there are too many different groups who want different things from it, so whatever Blizzard does will upset someone.

How could anyone possibly disagree with most of them?

I disagree with almost all of those actually. I don't think levelling up is dull, in fact quite the opposite. I have a great time levelling up and have levelled a few classes to 60 now, two classes I have twice at 60. I enjoy the grind of the levelling much more than 'end game' in what people see Inferno as. Once I'm 60, the majority of the game isn't fun for me any more and I start a new character.

As for items, I don't find them dull, though they aren't spectacular. I see them as non things. Having never found a legendary or set item, I can't speak for those. My interaction with gear and items is just a side thing which must be briefly looked at to support the levelling, so I never give it much thought, but I don't think they're *dull.*

As I said in another post, I didn't purchase anything for my first character until I was nearing the end of the game in Hell mode. Everything was give to me or found and I don't recall, previous to needing to purchase, ever thinking, wow I need something better. Even then, the things I bought weren't weapons or damage rings. I'm pretty sure it was chest item, boots, and a hat. I get pretty confused when people bring up things like this... don't things drop? Aren't your friends and you intertrading cool items? What's going on here?

There's always going to be something unfair to one or more type of player. I don't think things should drop from everything and I don't think masses of loot should drop from even half the things. I don't see people hiding the wealth of the world in an urn for you to find every time you reset a dungeon. Loot should mainly come from enemies you fight and specific treasure chests.

The bosses being weaker than Elites is the one thing I agree with you one. All the bosses in the game are so much easier than that invincible hoard desecration firechain I ran in to the other day. Shit like that, Blizzard. However, that being said, I think that Elites and even Rares should be hard. They should be very hard, and they are, but not harder than bosses. These are monsters who are the cream of the crop and the difference between whites should be vast. They don't become rares and elites by painting quaint pictures between chapters.

Now having only minor experience with Inferno, I can't talk too much on this issue, but I will say that no one should be able to solo Inferno. I just don't think it's something which should be done. In a game they've forced you to be online with, the hardest of the hard difficulty should be a group event. Like a raid in any other MMO (not just like in WoW or EQ2 or the like). I see Inferno as the Raid instance you take your friends in with. THe majority of complaints I hear about Inferno are from people trying to solo or sometimes duo Inferno and getting their ass handed to them. Yea, well that's fine. Take a full team in and have a blast. I did most of Act I with a full team of friends and it was almost acceptable. It wasn't hard, it just wasn't as fun, for me, as most people thought.

Maybe I'm just an odd one out, but hey. This is at least how I feel about it.
Eff

Messages In This Thread
Open letter to Blizzard... - by Elric of Grans - 07-04-2012, 04:04 AM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by Mavfin - 07-04-2012, 04:19 AM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by Zombie - 07-04-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by smegged - 07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by ViralSpiral - 07-04-2012, 05:29 PM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by Athenau - 07-04-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by Yricyn - 07-05-2012, 01:14 PM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by FoxBat - 07-05-2012, 03:53 AM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by Zombie - 07-05-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: Open letter to Blizzard... - by Pesmerga - 07-05-2012, 12:45 PM