Hardcore Death Thread
Hey Swirly,

Good post. This past month has been the first time I've played Hardcore mode in any action RPG, and I found reading the hardcore graveyard threads in other forums a great way to learn and anticipate some of the HC death traps.

Since I've startred playing HC I've lost two characters, a lvl 53 Barb and a lvl 40 DH. For my Barb I was using ignore pain off and on. It's an amazing ability to save your arse, but I felt with correct play I could get away with just Leap and WotB. I just had to make sure I didn't leap into a risky fight since I don't have another escape ability, especially if WotB is on cooldown. Well I saw a goat shaman in the southern highlands and out of instinct I used leap and noticed I drew the attention of a champion shaman pack that had Arcane Enchanted as a trait. Other goatmen also popped up and surrounded me, so I couldn't leap out, WotB was on cooldown, and the shaman spawned a few arcane beams right on me. Of course revenge didn't proc and I was relying on it for AoE damage, so my barb quickly perished. This could have been entirely avoided if I didn't leap into battle near an unexplored area.

My lvl 40 Demon Hunter death is extremely embarrassing. I was clearing Nightmare Act 2 with ease, switching between multishot and elemental arrow for my main AoE skils, along with rain of vengeance for a 30 second no hatred AoE spell. I decided to stick with multishot because I was killing everything in one or two hits, but I replaced rain of vengeance with the hatred regen pet to help with the more expensive resource cost of multishot. So I'm about to begin the Audience with the King quest and thought to switch out for a better suited skill set (gernades, mines, rain of vengeance, etc), but I got overconfident and just went forward figuring I'd be ok with my good damage. Well, I was wrong. Got surrounded, fired off multishots which didn't kill anything, ran out of hatred, ran out of discipline trying to escape, and that was it.

Messages In This Thread
Hardcore Death Thread - by swirly - 07-04-2012, 12:25 AM
RE: Hardcore Death Thread - by MonTy - 07-05-2012, 09:44 PM
RE: Hardcore Death Thread - by swirly - 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM