Gearing and drop rates, AH use almost required to progress.
I look at D3 in the wrong way, and perhaps that's because of the time gap from D2, I've forgotten about the farming needed for better items to progress.
Also, i think that a lot of people playing the game today have also been so used to game being playable from start to finish, IE that you should find the items that will carry you through at you progress, this is not how Diablo works, and i think that i and a lot of people have forgotten that.
And where as D2 had numerous ways of obtaining better items through farming, D3 seems to have forgotten that, the BS is almost useless for you main character, relegating it to a item shop for your alts, but even than your main will find far superior items as they played through, making it even more useless.
The Gems are OK, but without the ability to add sockets to items make them far less useful then they could have been.
Given that the maps are not random, but randomly placed quests, makes the game more a chore to replay then it could have been, and as others have said those "quests" are mostly variant on a theme.
Given the speed that most people seem to be progressing, i'd imagine that DLC wouldn't be far away or planned already, cause i personally don't think that those that aren't Diablo enthusiasts will be playing it in another 4-6 months without something to do differently.
But then, what would i know, just a personal opinion.
All in all, the game could have been and should have been better from the get go, given the amount of time it took to make it.

Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gearing and drop rates, AH use almost required to progress. - by mistique - 07-21-2012, 12:31 AM