Tornadoes
I got a barb to 60 and this is what I've been using:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Conci...o/24683459
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/ba...YZb!ZZZYZc

He has some pretty nice gear for his first time through Act I inferno from getting some hand me downs from my Wiz. The only major purchase was the bracers. Some stuff is really obviously a hand-me-down from the Wiz (like the 100 INT / VIT with 6% crit necklace... lol... whatever works).

It's pretty crazy. Crit is about 40% without using the Scoundrel and this is enough to sustain whirlwind pretty regularly. That's 5% base + 15% passives + 3% battle rage + ~17% gear.
Charges with short cooldowns are great. You can charge ash pots and such to get your initial fury, which removes any need for a standard generator, and gives you an out when you make a mistake and end up too low on fury. It actually feels a lot like a low level WoW warrior in that respect, where you would look for critters to charge to gain rage. It's the only build I've tried that actually has Fury management as a working mechanic, and that "feels right".

Damage seems quite adequate. the ~500 DPS weapons I'm using do not feel inadequate at all, but this is still Act I.

What feels so good about the build is the variety of ways to approach combat.
You can run away and that will thin packs.
You can run circles around one monster and really concentrate damage. Multiple tornadoes on one monster really does quite a lot of damage.
You can effectively charge back and forth through a large pack since the cooldown lowers. The cooldown also lowers for breaking random objects, so if there is a collection of barrels behind one monster, you can charge through to hit the barrels and immediately charge back. Since crits give 15 fury, charging into a pack will generally give quite a bit more than just the 15 fury that charge usually generates. In and back out usually completely fills fury.

Then you combine these, and the combat feels pretty dynamic. It manages to do this without being a button mash-fest. It's nice to not have to hyperpress at all really.

One of the coolest features is that the larger the size of your foe, the more damage you're doing, as the more tornadoes are hitting at once. Thus stuff that generally needs the most damage, has it available.

Leveling, I used this other build for like 20+ levels, as crit was not as available on gear and I couldn't really use Whirlwind much:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/ba...YZb!aZZZZa

With that, mostly I'd just charge back and forth to thin the herd and spread the tornadoes, then use frenzy on the last couple.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Tornadoes - by swirly - 06-29-2012, 12:27 AM
RE: Tornadoes - by ErickTheRed - 06-29-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 06-29-2012, 07:11 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Ell_man - 06-29-2012, 09:36 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by swirly - 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 08-21-2012, 04:40 AM
RE: Tornadoes - by swirly - 08-21-2012, 07:37 AM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by Concillian - 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Tornadoes - by ErickTheRed - 08-26-2012, 10:13 PM