Entering Hell, need to tweak my build...
I think the core of my problems in Nightmare came down to specific enemy types, particularly Heralds of Pestilence, Soul Rippers and Hulking Phasebeasts. All three decimate ranged characters (two regular Heralds wiped out Diamond Skin in two seconds!), and the latter two completely bypass Blizzard rendering my core attack useless. Corrupted Angel and Morlu caster Elites were problematic for much the same reason, though the regular ones fell quickly enough to Ray of Frost.

Defensively, I was fine most of the time beyond hard counters to ranged characters (eg off the screen Oppressor charges). Life is higher than my Demon Hunter had at the same stage, which is probably a good sign. Offensively, I may have been a little on the low side. I only have my Demon Hunter to compare with, but I am sure she was putting out better DPS at that point in the game (not sure if the two classes make a good comparison). Against real trash enemies (eg skeletons, ghouls) they were falling to a sneeze (Blizzards cause much sneezing), but anything with a little backbone, or a smart enough AI to not stand in the cold, took a lot of killing.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering Hell, need to tweak my build... - by Elric of Grans - 06-15-2012, 04:02 AM