Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
I agree, game balance and such are developer issues, and not QA issues.

At least according to my conversations with my friends who work (well worked) in game QA.

Yes, the game has balance issues. In my mind they completely revolve around the design of the DH class defense (almost exclusively avoidance based) clashing with the defensive design of every other class (largely mitigation based), and this results in a situation where it's impossible to tune monster damage. DH have no viable means of mitigating, but other classes can amass huge amounts of mitigation. anything tuned for the other classes will one-shot DHs, anything tuned for DHs will mean a walk in the park for other classes. Can't balance the game until you virtually re-make the DH. Chances of this happening are near zero though. It is a fatal flaw in the design of the game. Didn't happen in Diablo II, since all classes defense worked pretty much the same way.

If you had used the right terminology a couple days ago, we wouldn't have had so much back and forth in this thread.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by Concillian - 06-16-2012, 09:55 PM