Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
I was specifically referring to the Demon Hunter's lack of options; I have not played any other class past Nightmare, so cannot comment on them with any degree of certainty. I hear that the Witch Doctor is similar, having almost no viable skills past Nightmare (many apparently not viable in Normal even) and I suspect the Barbarian would also have a few `must-take to survive' skills, such as Revenge. The Monk seems to have a lot of really good options, but the class tends to get panned a lot as horrible; I do not really understand why so well (unless it is just Inferno as the problem, not the Monk). I very quickly recognised the Wizard as perhaps the best balanced class in the game, with a wide variety of largely well-balanced options. This also makes it the absolute worst class to base an opinion of game balance on, as it suffers the least from the problems Tongue

I would argue drops are poorly done across difficulties. It was very rare at any point in the game I got anything interesting; the entire game is incremental upgrades. Diablo has always relied on Bling to attract the gamers, but this game considerably lacks it. The improvements to Legendary and Set items will likely help considerably, but they are so rare as to be almost separate from the equation. More interesting drops (eg remove junk affixes, improve under-powered affixes, perhaps add some new effects) would go a long way to improving the game. Another issue is how drops tend to be well below your level; it is very rare to get a drop of your level (and even rarer that it is any good). This is especially bad in Act I from Nightmare up, as you struggle to get crafting materials due to the low drop levels. Then again, the Blacksmith also needs a lot of improvement; however, that is a different issue again.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by Elric of Grans - 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM