Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
(06-14-2012, 04:55 PM)Tal Wrote: So I have to pre-plan my build based on monster abilities that I don't know they'll have until I run into them?

Well, yes, actually. The whole point of the Nephalem Valor buff that you receive from killing bosses after level 60 (and lose if you change your skills) is that you're forced to pick a skill set that gives you the highest victory rate over all situations.

I mean, my Barbarian doesn't need to have 7 of his 9 skills be defensive-based to survive against white mobs in Inferno difficulty, but he does need that for the boss packs. It would be sweet not to have to carry all those defensive skills around 100% of the time so he could kill things a lot faster, but them's the breaks.

In short, 1-60 is for playing around with skills and specs to see what works and what you like. Once you hit 60, the only way to progress in the game is gear, so it's time to settle into a spec and ride it, at least for a game session at a time.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by Bolty - 06-14-2012, 05:58 PM