Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
I was busy for a week so mostly stopped playing. I took a serious try at the start of Act 2 with my barbarian last night and had some success, so maybe they did make it a bit easier.

By the time I cleared Act 1 I'd spent about 100-200K on each piece of gear. That sounds like a lot, but I've probably picked up about that much over the course of playing. I did do some Butcher runs. Mostly I'd join a public game, watch hilarity ensue, then ask one of the players if they wanted to duo in a private game. The game is still so new to me that I come across people using skills I haven't seen before. It didn't feel like a chore playing.

I accumulated another million gold doing this, and bought a few 300-400K items. This put me at 9.5K damage, 55K life, 8.5K armor, and 400 resistance. Now Act 2 inferno white mobs are interesting but doable. Most of them don't really want to be straight up tanked so I certainly spend a lot of time dodging things. I can kill about half of the packs I face - enough to build up stacks of valor even getting sidetracked engaging packs I can't kill. Mostly my problem is damage, I bet I'd have had more luck with a dps friend.

I did die a fair amount. Some of these are tactical mistakes I can learn from. Many of them could have been prevented by only engaging packs where I could escape if things went bad, but I didn't bother with that.

This said, I do see the same gearing wall. All my gear is purchased. I may need to spend 500K-1M per item to break into act 3. It's probably more efficient to keep doing act 1 runs to get this. I don't see myself farming that, so I will probably start to more seriously play the other classes instead.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by ErickTheRed - 06-13-2012, 04:24 PM