Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage
If you are refreshing to get rid of an Elite you do not want to face, it can take seconds to switch games (I definitely would have got this yesterday if the patch were in by then). If you are achievement hunting, it likewise does not necessarily take long (eg you may jump in, get/do something, then leave to change quest so you can access the next thing you need). I got the Auction House example from someone who got the error doing exactly that (not one I would personally see happening, but it did). It has not impacted me personally, but I can see it as a pretty stupid way to address farming (in a game where the entire meta revolves around farming, ironically).

I understand what they want to stop. Honestly, I am not sure if we need to stop it. This is not WoW. If people want to waste all day doing boring things, let them; it has absolutely no impact on me. It is the same as the enrage timer. I park most Elites I come across in Inferno because I know I cannot beat them before the enrage timer. If I want to spend 5 minutes kiting a Waller/Jailer/Vortex/Extra Health mob, then just let me: it does not hurt anyone and doing this without taking a hit is my idea of fun. It feels very much like Blizzard has its own idea of what defines fun and you can be damned if you find your fun in any other way. Just like how melee attacks hit you even if you are half a screen away: Blizzard stated that dodging is an unfun and unskillful strategy they wanted to discourage, so they prevented it. If people want to do it, let them; if they do not want to, they will not.

It is like releasing a bunch of kids into a sandpit, then telling them off for every game they start. No, no making castles. No, you cannot play with your cars in there: you may lose them! No, do not eat the sand. I said, do not eat the sand. Look, now the other kids are eating the sand. If you do not stop eating sand we are going home. Perhaps a bad example. The parents tell the kids what not to do: Blizzard is implementing changes, only for us to later discover `Oh, I got banned because the rules changed!'. This game continues to be a PR nightmare for them!

Perhaps I am just getting crabby? The game is turning very unfun for me at the moment. I keep playing because I want it to be the best thing since Diablo II, then I run into a pack of Illusionist Soul Rippers (the other attributes are irrelevant at this point) and go ``Oh, that's right, the game royally sucks''.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patching 1.0.2c -- potentially nerfed mob damage - by Elric of Grans - 06-13-2012, 05:46 AM