Post 60-- There's No Joy in Victory
(06-06-2012, 02:00 AM)Roland Wrote: I have yet to hear you make a cogent argument for it, at least from Blizzard's perspective (player perspective is subjective, and thus not particularly relevant). Agree to disagree.

OK, from a purely cynical not understanding that trading has been a part of Diablo for a decade and a half and that the auction house makes a bad situation much better for players standpoint...

The suggestion I made creates a market for stacks of crafting materials that people will buy repeatedly from the real money auction house. It also creates a significant market for selling gold on the real money auction house. (At the current rate of inflation, gold will become as valueless as D2 gold very soon). Therefore, lots of money for Blizzard all around.

So, even from a purely cynical point of view, it's a good idea. Now, from a player's perspective, it makes all that gold and crafting material valuable and it makes your blacksmith mean something to the development of your character's gear even in the end game. I think that's pretty cool.

And, again, we're only talking about a few key slots on a character. The other slots can be filled with one-time purchases of items as you see fit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post 60-- There's No Joy in Victory - by MongoJerry - 06-06-2012, 12:15 PM