Post 60-- There's No Joy in Victory
(06-05-2012, 05:07 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: As stated previously, my suggestion is that these items would be only class specific items. The other slots could still be filled directly off the auction house.

Wishful thinking. It will never happen so long as Blizzard keeps their RMAH model. Besides, we all knew inflation was going to be a problem. They haven't designed any checks and balances against it. Unless you have an almost completely player-driven economy (like EVE Online) it's extremely difficult to create a working economy, especially given the pinata model of D3. It just doesn't work.

Frankly, I think there are bigger issues than inflation, especially since (as Chesspiece notes) you can get solid gear either by farming or crafting - provided, of course, you put enough time into it and get some decent luck.

Even farming Act I Inferno as slowly as I do I can make roughly 100k - 150k an hour, if things go smoothly (or more like 50k - 75k if they don't). Most of the drops are junk that get salvaged for crafting materials, mostly because I can't be arsed to list something semi-decent that I know won't sell even at 10k. Today, however, I found a huge upgrade for my gloves, and a potential upgrade (or, if not, at least a sidegrade) for one of my rings - all in the same game. Almost everything else was worthless, but 2 upgrade items in a single half-hour play session is damn good, IMHO. Getting close to 70k gold didn't hurt, either. Wink
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post 60-- There's No Joy in Victory - by Roland - 06-05-2012, 07:00 AM