Game Guide - Skill Calculator and Items
I think this is going to be my first character:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/de...cXV!YcaaZa

Actives:
Hungering Arrow (Indigo Runestone): Homing arrow with 60% piercing chance; if it pierces the first target, it splits apart into 8 arrows.
Impale (Obsidian Runestone): Massive single-target damage with an explosive high-damage, short duration DoT (may swap this out for Indigo for knockback + long duration stun, or Crimson for massive-damage piercing line shot; unsure at this time, depends on the synergy of my other skills).
Cluster Arrow (Alabaster Runestone): AoE explosive shot, dropping smaller AoE grenades that have a 1/3rd chance of medium-duration stun.
Shadow Power (Alabaster Runestone): 50% IAS for 10 seconds that also restores 45% of damage as Life. 'Nuff said.
Caltrops (Crimson Runestone): 2/3rds slow lasting for 24 seconds that also deals weapon damage if they remain in the area.
Sentry (Alabaster Runestone): Stationary turret lasting for 40 seconds that shields 1/3rd damage from allies.

Passives:
Cull the Weak: 20% bonus damage to slowed enemies.
Fundamentals: Normal attacks deal 100% bonus damage and restore 15 Hatred (to fuel my AoE Actives).
Custom Engineering: Doubles duration of Caltrops and Sentry. May swap for something more useful if duration proves to not be a problem.

My overall goal is lots of AoE damage that I can stream relatively consistently, combined with slows and stuns to keep enemies at bay, and a nice single-target, high-damage shot for tough enemies. At the very least all the special effects should be nice. Wink

Here's a rocket-oriented take on the build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/de...XVg!YcYaYc

Actives:
Hungering Arrow (Indigo Runestone): Homing arrow with 60% piercing chance; if it pierces the first target, it splits apart into 8 arrows. May swap to Crimson Runestone to turn it into a high-damage DoT for single/multiple targets.
Impale (Obsidian Runestone): Massive single-target damage with an explosive high-damage, short duration DoT. May swap this out for Indigo for knockback + long duration stun if I change Hungering Arrow to Crimson Runestone.
Cluster Arrow (Indigo Runestone): AoE explosive shot that shoots out 9 rockets at nearby enemies, dealing massive damage.
Shadow Power (Alabaster Runestone): 50% IAS for 10 seconds that also restores 45% of damage as Life. 'Nuff said.
Caltrops (Indigo Runestone): Long duration AoE slow. May swap out for Crimson Runestone if Impale goes Indigo (knockback + stun into Caltrops AoE for full-duration DoT).
Sentry (Obsidian Runestone): Stationary turret that shoots out massive damage rockets every so often.

Passives:
Fundamentals: Normal attacks deal 100% bonus damage and restore 15 Hatred (to fuel my AoE Actives).
Custom Engineering: Doubles duration of Caltrops and Sentry. May swap for something more useful if duration proves to not be a problem.
Ballistics: +100% damage to all rockets (unsure if this is additive or multiplicative, but either way a massive DPS boost).

Still focusing on AoE attacks and high damage, but in a slightly different manner. More offensive focused, less party friendly. Fills the role of a long ranged DPSer nicely, though.

I can't wait for this game. I'm going to spend far too much time "trying out" builds for future characters on this calculator, but I'm definitely playing a Demon Hunter right out the gate. May make a slightly more party-oriented character, depending on how things go with the community here, but I intend to have a blast (literally) with him/her. Smile Regardless, I want a high-DPS ranged character, and the Demon Hunter is looking to be my favorite.

Edit:
Eesh. Just cruised the forums and found a little tidbit about the Demon Hunter - resource defaults are 100 Hatred and 30 Discipline. Not sure how rapidly each regenerates, nor if you can ever increase those caps, but it will certainly make choosing Discipline skills tougher. I may have to limit them to 1 or 2 skills, instead of 3 like I was planning.
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by RTM - 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 02:43 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 01:42 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 03:27 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-17-2011, 06:53 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Roland - 09-20-2011, 02:42 PM