Game Guide - Skill Calculator and Items
(09-15-2011, 01:09 PM)RTM Wrote: You can swap skills in & out whenever you want from what I've heard, so on the surface there seems to be no need for multiple accounts' worth of alts and variants. It could potentially kill a lot of the longevity of the game, but the benefits are pretty huge.

Thanks RTM. That might be ok then. I do ok with altitis in RIFT because of being able to swap between the five specs whenever the hell I feel like it. Still, it's just weird. Of course, with the 10 slots, I could have one of each gender for each class and see. Hmmm. Are runes just basically a one shot deal to augment the skill or can you reuse them if you change out your skills?

Edit: Found an answer.

Quote:There is a restriction on swapping out skills. Runes. There is a tier of rune you can only get in Inferno, say you were lucky enough to find one of these powerful runes. You then throw it into a skill which you use most. The rune is then BOUND to that skill, you can take it out without loosing it, but you cannot put it into another skill. Since these runes are supposed to be incredibly rare, it is unlikely you would have found enough to put into every skill so you can switch them willy nilly.

If you have put enough time into the game to find a max rune for every skill. Then you deserve to be able to switch out every skill as you please, but that will take a long time to do and most people will never get to that point.

Since you can't actually swap out a skill that has a rune in it, from what it sounds like in other posts as well.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by RTM - 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Treesh - 09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 02:43 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 01:42 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-24-2011, 03:27 AM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
RE: Game Guide - Skill Calculator Added - by Frag - 09-17-2011, 06:53 PM