Blizzard vs. Real Money Trading (RMT)
(08-16-2011, 12:35 PM)Quark Wrote: I hope you're not planning on buying Torchlight 2 if this offends you!

Heh. You know, I shouldn't, but the prospect of playing a MP RPG with good friends here at the Lounge (and probably the Basin) is a little too tempting, I think. I suppose it depends on the pricing. If they keep it reasonable like they did Torchlight, I could see myself buying it. It's a fine line between disagreeing with someone's viewpoint, and disavowing the products they make, and I don't have enough personal beef with anyone to boycott either Diablo III or Torchlight, much as I may disagree with some of the developer's stances. I'd like to think they've learned a thing or two in their time, but even if they haven't it's not like I can prove they're still a bunch of arrogant know-it-alls. Tongue Besides, for $5 or $10 (whatever I payed) Torchlight was an enjoyable experience, and they've seemed keen enough to listen to what their playerbase wants that I think that issue is more an issue of the past. Perhaps it was more a Blizzard-centric theme, than a Max Schaefer one? I don't know.

Regardless, short of truly trashing their customers or putting out an absoltuely abysmal game, I'm willing to forgive some things in exchange for a positive gaming experience. I don't have to forget the sins of the past in order to forgive them, and if I end up getting burned because I took a chance it's no one's fault but my own. As I said, I have reservations about Diablo III (and the team behind it), but I'm willing to take a stab at it, and if it doesn't suit my tastes then so be it. I've wasted far more money on games that didn't deliver than I care to admit. At least with Diablo III I have an idea of what to expect, and as I said I'm looking forward to some of the changes. Besides, it's not like I hate Blizzard. I just don't feel they're taking the best course(s) of action with this game. Idle speculation won't answer any of that, though, so either you buy the game and try to enjoy it, or you pass. I decided to try it, others have decided to pass. To each their own. All I'm hoping for at this point is to get enjoyment from the game for more than a single playthrough. If it can deliver that, I'll have gotten my money's worth. If not... well, as I said, I've spent money on worse games. Tongue
Roland *The Gunslinger*

Messages In This Thread
Blizzard vs. Real Money Trading (RMT) - by Bolty - 08-08-2011, 12:12 PM
RE: Blizzard vs. Real Money Trading (RMT) - by Roland - 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM