Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
Hello. Just registered here to say how fucking awesome you guys are, especially Slayer_X64 for the INSANE amount of effort and time put into troubleshooting all the addressed topics and issues. You fucking rule.

Since I'm already at it, let me also say that I was particularly ecstatic at the part you all talk about installing multiple versions of the game. I wasn't confident such a thing would be easily possible without modifying the actual files, but lo and behold, you guys explained a smart way to do so. (Didn't even know vanilla Diablo could be installed from the disc that comes with v1.08).

Currently I'm going through a lunacy phase of Diablo playthroughs (pretty sure many of you know what that feeling is like), making multiple single and multiplayer characters one by one of every class, attempting to build them in ways customized for each and every specific version of Diablo in mind (Windows and Mac versions alike, and even PS1 eventually, I hope). Everything 100% legit, no altering/modding/hacking or any other sort of external interference to influence the game to behave in any way other than what its original compiled code does on its own. (Meaning I'm fine with glitches, of course. They're a part of the game itself!)

I guess there must be more appropriate threads to discuss the following, but if anyone wishes to play some co-op matches (or even brutally betray me mid-play), hit me up or drop a message here or anywhere else more fitting to join up. Normally I'm around from 10 to 11:30 PM (GMT -3:00) twice a week or so. I'm not completely against it, but I do have a preference for players that don't use mods/hacks/unobtainable items, in order to keep the experience "real". As stated earlier, I'll always be doing things 100% legit on my end as well (again, safe for glitching, although I personally find that legit in my eyes!).

In fact, is there anywhere here for people to just come and say "hey, currently I'm about to log into Battle.net!! Anyone coming?". Though I'm not sure if this game's current spotlight situation can still make that viably work. lol

Also, anyone knows how buggy exactly Hellfire 1.00 Multiplayer is? Considering, say, 2 people using Windows Vista and 7. Too many crashes/desyncs? Considering they disabled it for 1.01, I figure it must have been hell (no pun intended Big Grin).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Red Hairdo - 11-09-2016, 01:11 AM