Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide
Hi MASSSN.

(03-15-2015, 07:04 PM)MASSSN Wrote: This is our current configuration:
Computer 1. Windows 7
Computer 2. Windows 7
Computer 3. Windows 8.1
Fortunately, in this case operating systems shouldn't be an issue. I've gotten games of Diablo/Hellfire running successfully with IPXWrapper using Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8 in pretty much any combination.

(03-15-2015, 07:04 PM)MASSSN Wrote: All computers have the following configuration:
-Tungle Version 5.2
-Hellfire V 1.01 on C://
-Ipx wrapper 0.5 on the Hellfire folder
-Firewall down
-Tungle network adapter has the first priority.
I recently tried to get Diablo running on Tunngle with a friend as well, and we could never see each other's games there either. I was disappointed since I had used Tunngle awhile ago and never had any problems with it with the few games I tried back then.

Hate to say it, but you might want to try something other than Tunngle to rule it out as the issue. I've used Hamachi for years without problems, had my friend install that and we were playing Hellfire with IPXWrapper in no time. Hamachi gets a bad rap for being 'difficult' to set up compared to Tunngle, but that's nonsense. Here's the steps if you want to try:

1) Goto https://secure.logmein.com/products/hama...nload.aspx, check the Conditions of Use box and then Download Now just above it.
2) Install it.
3) Hamachi recently requires you to create an account/login, all they want is your e-mail address and a login password for the Hamachi service. I liked them better when they didn't do this, but this is standard practice for most services these days. Not any different than making a Tunngle name/pass really.
4) One person needs to create a Network name (not already taken) and password, the others need to Join that network using the same name and pass.
5) Play. Sometimes Hamachi may not broadcast correctly until you reboot the computer after installing it, so if you still can't see games, have everyone restart after the install and try again.

Besides having to create logins now, my only complaints with Hamachi are that recent versions have made it automatically start with Windows and doesn't provide any way for the user to easily turn this off. It will also randomly (once every few months maybe?) stop working with some failed to initialize error, which it never used to do, but this is very easy to fix when it happens:

Open the Start menu, type "services.msc" into the box and press Enter. When the Services list opens, find LogMeIn Hamachi, right-click on it and choose Restart. It should fix the problem after a moment and Hamachi will open successfully and work as usual.

I would have preferred to tell you how to get it working on Tunngle, but I never figured out how. Assuming Tunngle is the issue, maybe someone else can enlighten us.

Either way I hope you get it working. Smile

p.s. As an aside, disabling firewalls is a bit extreme - ideally you just create an exception for Diablo/Hellfire on any software firewall (such as Windows Firewall) on each system; using software like Tunngle means you don't have to open internet ports in hardware firewalls (such as routers). But if all else fails it doesn't hurt to do this to test if your firewalls are configured safely or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Ange1Rob0t - 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by CaptainSassyPants - 02-12-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by VD99 - 03-11-2014, 06:11 AM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by GL_ - 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by MASSSN - 03-15-2015, 07:04 PM
RE: Diablo Backwards Compatibility Guide - by Belix - 03-15-2015, 07:24 PM